Help Article | About cashback
- You see a gift icon when you’re sending money to an eligible receiver.
- You’ve been a WhatsApp user for at least 30 days. WhatsApp Business is not eligible for this promotion.
- You’ve registered for payments on WhatsApp by adding your bank account details. If you haven’t added your bank account yet, you can learn how to do this on Android by reading this article, or on iPhone by reading this article.
- The contact you're sending money to is a WhatsApp user who has registered for payments on WhatsApp in India. If your chosen contact hasn’t registered for payments on WhatApp, you can invite them to register before sending money to them.
- You’re using the latest version of WhatsApp. To learn how to update WhatsApp, read this article.
- Payments sent when you no longer see the gift icon in the app
- QR code payments
- Payments made on collect requests
- Payments made by entering the UPI ID of recipient
- Payments on third party online apps using WhatsApp
- The cashback promotion will be available to different users at different times. If the promotion becomes available to you, it'll be for a limited time only.
- How to get cashback
- How to add a bank account: Android | iPhone
- About payments security
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.