Help Article | About shopping on WhatsApp
- Business profile: WhatsApp makes it easy for businesses to use their business profile to share important business information like their address, category, description, social media accounts, email, and website. To view a business’ profile, open a chat with the business and tap their business name at the top of the chat. You can easily share your favorite businesses with your friends and family. From the business profile, tap Forwardand select the contacts you’d like to share it with.
- WhatsApp QR codes for businesses: You can easily connect with a business on WhatsApp by scanning their WhatsApp QR code. The WhatsApp camera can only scan official WhatsApp QR codes. Learn more about scanning a business’ QR code on Android or iPhone.
- WhatsApp Catalog: Businesses can easily showcase and share their products and services with customers by creating a catalog. Every catalog item has a unique title along with optional fields including price, description, website link and product code. Learn more about viewing a business’ catalog here.
- Shops on WhatsApp: Shops on WhatsApp is a tool that allows business owners to create customized shopping experiences for their businesses and integrate them seamlessly across the Facebook family of apps. Through their shop, business owners can showcase the items they’re selling and connect with potential customers. Businesses with both a Facebook shop and an account on the WhatsApp Business app have the option to publish their shop on WhatsApp. They can also set up the Message button on their shop to allow customers to message them on WhatsApp from their shop. Learn more about messaging a business from their Facebook shop here.
- Shopping while chatting with a business: Some businesses choose to share lists containing a selection of items when chatting with customers. These lists allow customers to more easily find the products and services they’re looking for. Learn more about shopping using conversational commerce here.
- Cart: As customers browse a business’ products and services, they can add items to a cart. Once they’ve added everything they’d like to purchase to their cart, they can send the cart to their chat with the business and discuss payment options. Learn more about placing an order using cart on Android or iPhone.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.