Help Article | How to block and report contacts
- Press Options > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked > Add new...
- Search for or select the contact you want to block.
- Press BLOCK.
- Select the chat with the contact in your chats list, then press Options > View contact > Block > Block.
- Open a chat with the contact, then press Options > View contact > Block > Block.
- Select the chat with the unknown phone number in your chats list, then press Options > View contact > Block > Block.
- Open the chat with the unknown phone number, then press Options > View contact > Block > Block.
- Blocked contacts will no longer be able to call you or send you messages.
- Your last seen, online, and any changes made to your profile photo will no longer be visible to contacts you've blocked.
- Blocking a contact won't remove them from your contacts list, nor will it remove you from the list on the contact's phone. To delete a contact, you must delete the contact from your phone's address book.
- If you're concerned whether a blocked contact will know you're blocking them, please read this article.
- Press Options > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked.
- Select the contact you want to unblock.
- Press UNBLOCK.
- Select the chat with the contact in your chats list, then press Options > View contact > Unblock.
- Open a chat with the contact, then press Options > View contact > Unblock.
- If you unblock a contact, you won't receive any messages or calls the contact sent you during the time they were blocked.
- If you unblock a contact or phone number that wasn't previously saved in your phone’s address book, you won't be able to restore that contact or phone number to your phone.
- Open the chat with the user you wish to block
- Press Options and select View contact
- Press REPORT USER.
- Open the view once photo or video.
- Press Options in the bottom corner.
- Press Report.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.