Help Article | How to check read receipts
- The message was successfully sent.
- The message was successfully delivered to the recipient's phone or any of their linked devices.
- The recipient has read your message.
- The second check mark will appear when a message is delivered to any of the recipient's linked devices, even if their phone is off.
- In a group chat, the second check mark will appear when all participants in the group have received your message. Two blue check marks will appear when all participants in the group have read your message.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Swipe the message from right to left.
- Alternatively, tap and hold your sent message and choose Info from the menu.
- Your message has been delivered to your recipient's phone or linked devices, but the recipient hasn’t seen it.
- The recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file, or video.
- The recipient has seen your voice message, but hasn’t played it.
- The recipient has played your voice message.
- You or your recipient might have disabled read receipts in the privacy settings.
- The recipient might have blocked you.
- The recipient's phone might be off.
- The recipient might not have opened your conversation.
- You or the recipient might be experiencing connection issues.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.