Help Article | Notification problems
- Open your phone's Settings app > Apps > WhatsApp > Data usage.
- Make sure background data is not restricted.
- Repeat the above steps for Google Services.
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
- Reset app preferences by going to your phone's Settings app > Apps > Menu icon > Reset app preferences.
- Prevent power saving mode from activating, for example by leaving your phone plugged into a power source.
- Log out from WhatsApp Web by going to WhatsApp > More options> WhatsApp Web > Logout from all computers.
- Keep your Wi-Fi on during sleep mode by going to your phone's Settings app > Wi-Fi > Settings icon > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always.
- Uninstall any task killers. These will hinder the app from receiving messages when you are not using it.
- Launch the Hangouts app and sign out of all of your accounts. Then re-launch Hangouts and sign back on.
- Android 4.1 – 4.4
- Make sure that Auto-sync data is turned on in your phone's Settings app > Data usage > Menu icon > auto-sync data.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi optimization is turned off in your phone's Settings app > Wi-Fi > Menu icon > Advanced > Wi-Fi optimization.
- Android 6.0+
- Make sure Do not disturb is turned off or you have allowed WhatsApp notifications in priority mode in your phone's Settings app > Sound > Do not disturb.
- Make sure all of WhatsApp's permissions are granted in your phone's Settings app > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.