Help Article | How to register for the WhatsApp Business app
- You can only register a mobile phone or a landline (fixed) number that you own.
- You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS with the phone number you're trying to register.
- You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, and task-killers disabled.
- If you're registering through your mobile phone, you must have a working internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you're roaming or have a bad connection, registration may not work. Try opening https://www.whatsapp.com/business/ on your mobile phone’s internet browser to see if you're connected to the internet.
- If you're registering through a landline, tap Call me to request a phone call to receive your registration code.
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill in your country code in the box on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don't put a 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Done to receive a registration code. If prompted, you can also tap Call me to receive the code through a phone call.
- Enter the 6-digit registration code you receive via SMS or phone call.
- Note: If you have iCloud Keychain enabled and have registered this number before, you may be automatically registered without receiving a new SMS code.
- Wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait time may take up to 10 minutes.
- Don't guess the code or you'll be locked out for a period of time.
- If the timer runs out before you receive the registration code, an option will appear to request a phone call. Choose the Call me option to request the call. When you answer the call, an automated voice will tell you the six-digit registration code. Enter this code into the WhatsApp Business app.
- Note: Depending on your carrier, you may receive charges for SMS and phone calls.
- Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Delete and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp Business here.
- Check your reception by sending a test SMS message from any mobile phone to the mobile phone number you're trying to register. Enter the mobile phone number exactly as you entered it in the WhatsApp Business app, including the country code.
- Note: We can't send your registration code through other methods due to security reasons.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.