Help Article | How to use broadcast lists
With the broadcast list feature, you can send a message to several of your contacts at once. Broadcast lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send broadcast messages to without having to select them each time.
- Go to WhatsApp > More options> New broadcast.
- Search for or select the contacts you want to add.
- Tap the check mark.
- Open your broadcast list.
- Tap More options> Broadcast list info.
- In the broadcast list info screen you can:
- Change the name of your broadcast list by tapping Edit.
- Add recipients to the list by tapping Add recipient....
- Remove recipients by tapping Edit recipients > "x" next to the contacts you want to remove > check mark.
- Change the name of your broadcast list by tapping Edit
- Tap and hold the broadcast list you want to delete.
- Tap Delete broadcast list> DELETE. You can choose whether to delete media or not.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.