Help Article | About updates to WhatsApp’s Business Terms
- These changes allow us to keep up-to-date with regulatory requirements in the European Union and globally, including:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as related to the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for data transfers
- Europe Electronic Communication Code (EECC)
- European Union ePrivacy and Platform-to-Business regulations
- We’re providing clarity to businesses around the world about how we process their data when using WhatsApp Business Services.
- We’re clarifying how businesses may continue to work with service providers that engage with WhatsApp Business Services.
- These updates won’t change the WhatsApp Business features available today.
- These updates don't expand our ability to share data with Facebook.
- These updates apply to WhatsApp business users only and don’t change the consumer app experience or personal use.
- WhatsApp Business Terms of Service
- WhatsApp Business Data Processing Terms
- WhatsApp Business Data Transfer Addendum
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.