Help Article | Can’t download or update WhatsApp
- "There's insufficient space on the device"
- "This app is incompatible with your Android Device"
- "This item isn't available in your country"
- Other error codes
- Go to your device's Settings, then tap Apps & notifications > Google Play Store > App info > Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
- Tap CLEAR DATA > OK.
- Restart your device, then try installing WhatsApp again.
- Delete data and apps you no longer use.
- Move data and apps to your external SD card.
- Clear cached data by opening your phone's Settings > Apps & Notifications > WhatsApp > Storage & cache > Clear cache > Clear storage.
- Remove your Google account by going to your device's Settings. Then tap Users & accounts.
- Select your Google account and tap REMOVE ACCOUNT > REMOVE ACCOUNT.
- Restart your device or turn it off and on.
- Re-add your Google account by going to your device's Settings. Then tap Users & accounts > Add account > Google.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Clear Google Play Store's cache by going to your device's Settings. Then tap Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play Store > Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
- Clear Google Play Store's data by tapping CLEAR DATA > OK.
- Try downloading WhatsApp again.
- Follow the instructions in the section "There's insufficient space on the device" to make sure you have enough space on your device.
- Tap here to download WhatsApp as an APK file.
- Tap DOWNLOAD NOW.
- Open the APK file to initiate the installation.
- Note: When opening the APK file, you'll need to tap SETTINGS > Allow from this source.
- If you're using cellular data, please try to download WhatsApp on Wi-Fi only.
- If that doesn't work, try the following:
- Go to your device's Settings > Apps or Apps & notifications > Google Play Store > Data usage > Turn on Background data.
- Go to your device's Settings > Apps or Apps & notifications > Download Manager > Data usage > Background Data > Turn on Background data.
- If the above tips don't work, try clearing Google Play Store's cache by going to your device's Settings. Then tap Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear cache.
- Clear Google Play Store's data by tapping Clear storage > OK.
- Try downloading WhatsApp again.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they're in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone's Internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, so you don't have to worry about expensive calling charges.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you're on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it's easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What's On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.